Tuesday 30 July 2019
A huge network of people work together to keep our local communities going. Yet very few of us probably recognise the vital local services that we come into contact with everyday. It’s time to give our local service champions the recognition they deserve.
Sunday 23 June 2019
Friday 21 June 2019
Local government workers are there for us through every stage of our lives. From birth, through our youth and adulthood, to old age...
Thursday 2 May 2019
As a member of the UK’s biggest and brightest union you could win a holiday for you and your family –THIS SUMMER! Just from being in UNISON.You could win a five-night holiday to UNISON’s beautiful Croyde Bay Resort in Devon, this summer, for up to six people, with breakfast included. The prize draw is open to all new and existing members of UNISON. The holiday needs to be taken anytime before October 2019.
But that's not all – our money-saving deals and offers are back. Just in time for you to make the most of your summer. Apart from holidays, days out and trips to the theatre, our UNISON Living partners – including Vision Express, Shepherds Friendly and UIA – are improving their offers to members during May as the union goes for growth.
|Find out more about the prize draw and all the offers|
UNISON – bigger for a reason, better for everyone.
Friday 29 March 2019
Moments of truth
Your public services are at breaking point. Hear from the people who provide them – and their personal, and often frank stories of the tremendous pressures they face.
Hear their voices. Share their stories. Take a stand for your public services. #momentsoftruth
- The NHS is suffering the deepest financial squeeze in its 70 year history, with the decade 2010-2020 set to be its most austere ever
- At least 12,000 NHS beds have been lost since 2010
- Local government budgets have been slashed by nearly 50%, making it increasingly difficult for councils to properly fund street cleaning, libraries, leisure centres and community safety
- Approximately 1,000 Sure Start centres have closed since 2009
- Because of inadequate funding, nearly 80% of workers providing care to elderly people in their homes report having no option but to rush their work or leave clients early to get to their next call
- The number of police community support officers has been cut by more than 30%, at the same time as violent crime and sex offences have been rising
- The number of teaching assistants in secondary schools has been cut by 8%
- Close to one million jobs have been cut across public services, with more than half of those who are left reporting that they now have to undertake unpaid overtime to keep services going
- 80% of NHS staff have raised concerns about there not being enough staff on duty to give patients the high-quality care they want to
Now more than ever is the time to ensure that we hold the correct and up-to-date details for you, particularly your email address. The B...
Tips to reduce workplace stress
With April marking Stress Awareness Month, a new report has found UK businesses are in danger of having their workforces experience burnout...
Gaslighting is a manipulation tactic used to gain power. And it works too well. Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity...