If you’ve had coronavirus, you may still be experiencing some symptoms. Find out how the new Your Covid Recovery website can help click HERE for help and advise from the NHS.
Saturday, 22 August 2020
Monday, 10 August 2020
Today Oxford City Branch of UNISON has started rolling our face masks to our members who are having to go out every day delivering essential key services.
Made from a polyester spandex stretch material our tests have found that their flexibility is helping our members stay safe when delivering their key services.
If you would like one please talk to your local steward or email email@example.com
Your see our stewards have been testing out there flexibility
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Thursday, 6 February 2020
Gaslighting is a manipulation tactic used to gain power.
And it works too well.
Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity, in order to gain more power, makes a victim question their reality. It works much better than you may think. Anyone is susceptible to gaslighting, and it is a common technique of abusers, dictators, narcissists, and cult leaders. It is done slowly, so the victim doesn't realize how much they've been brainwashed. For example, in the movie Gaslight (1944), a man manipulates his wife to the point where she thinks she is losing her mind.
Tuesday, 17 December 2019
Friday, 6 December 2019
Tuesday, 8 October 2019
Friday, 19 July 2019
The proposal would:
- Create a two-tier workforce with new starters offered inferior pensions;
- Disproportionately affect women and the lower paid;
- Threaten the future sustainability of the whole scheme.
This attack on pension rights is the thin end of the wedge – if these proposals are enacted, the Government won’t stop there. It is vital that we take action.
UNISON has set up a campaign website which explains more about the situation and encourages branches and members to take a range of actions.
Please use the following links:
- Find out more about the issue – and share our film Take action
- Email your MP to defend the LGPS
- The consultation closes on 31 July: make your views heard – download template responses via the resources section
- Are you in the LGPS? Respond to the government consultation
Thursday, 13 June 2019
As some of you may already be aware, as the result of a burst water main on the Euston Road there was a major a flood at UNISON Centre over the weekend.
The building has been closed to staff since Monday 10 June and the earliest date it may re-open is Wednesday 19 June (although even this is not guaranteed).
The 020 7121 5623 telephone number is not currently working.
UNISON Centre departments have not received any post since 7 June.
If members need to contact There for You they should do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and send any documents as attachments to the email in order for the team to be able to see them now
The UNISON Welfare casework team is currently only able to provide a limited service however are still assessing emergency grant applications at the current time.
Saturday, 8 June 2019
I now know that if I felt there was something wrong, it's because there was, but I didn't understand mental health fully... it's a spectrum and you should feel able to decide where and when you [are] on that spectrum.
Wednesday, 5 June 2019
Friday, 3 May 2019
Thursday, 31 January 2019
Brrrrr! ❄️ It's absolutely freezing, and snow's forecast in some areas.
If you're a UNISON member living on a low income, apply now for a £60 grant to help with your winter fuel bills Click here for more info
Friday, 18 January 2019
Tuesday, 15 January 2019
Sunday, 6 May 2018
Friday, 9 February 2018
As almost a quarter of 12-15 year olds say they don’t know how to control who can see what they post on social media*, Thames Valley Police (TVP) is encouraging young people to take action to protect themselves online.
- Talk – to your child/children about staying safe online, find out what sites/social media they are using, what worries them and you about them being online, the emotional aspects of social media (jealousy, self-esteem etc)
- Explore their online world together – the NSPCC has useful tips of how to start the conversation on their website
- Agree rules about what is ok and not
- Manage parental controls on all your family’s devices – free helpline available (0808 800 5002)
- Repeat – make it part of everyday life
"Join us in standing together for solidarity. Ignore any distractions and be a part of our mission. Let's rise up together as one. ...
Tips to reduce workplace stress
Gaslighting is a manipulation tactic used to gain power. And it works too well. Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity...
With April marking Stress Awareness Month, a new report has found UK businesses are in danger of having their workforces experience burnout...