Wednesday 21 December 2022
Thursday 24 December 2020
Dear All Oxford City Unison Members,
We would just like to send you all a message of hope and to wish you all a very happy Christmas in these difficult times! I don’t think any of us have ever seen a time like this, where we have been so restricted in what we do, especially when at this time of year, is the time where friends and family are meant to come together! But remember it’s ONE year! we will make up for it, I know I will !!!
Please do keep to the rules and stay safe, we will come out of this better and stronger together!
On another note!
See below information that went out in Gordon Mitchel’s communication last night regarding the new restrictions and what that means for us all over the Christmas period, make sure you read and understand. If you need any further clarification please contact your stewards or me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does Tier 4 mean for the City Council’s work?
Under these new restrictions, the Council will continue to work to maintain its services to residents and businesses across the city, while adjusting its operations and working practices in line with Government guidance.
Leisure and sports facilities such as leisure centres and indoor gyms, indoor swimming pools are to be closed. This includes Council-owned leisure facilities, gyms, and swimming pools.
Our Customer Services will be stopping its face-to-face operations from Friday 25 December to Monday 4 January at St Aldate’s Chambers and Rose Hill Community Centre. But continuing an online and reduced telephone customer service over this period.
From 4 January Customer Services will recommence an appointment based service for those residents that require face to face support. However, we will be encouraging customers to use our online services where they can, through the Council's website where they can talk to officers through the webchat service. Video calls from home are also available by phoning the Customer Contact Centre on 01865 249811.
We will continue operating our Locality Resource Hubs to help people in need of assistance to access food, medicines and essential supplies. The hubs cover Blackbird Leys, East Oxford, Rose Hill, West Oxford, Central Oxford, and North Oxford.
Support from Customer Services and the Hubs can range from simple information about local support services to providing advice and support to those with financial hardship, housing needs or needing help accessing care services.
Hubs can be contacted by phoning the Council on 01865 249 811 or using the online form
Tier 4 restrictions mean:
- except for permitted reasons. This includes shopping for food and other essentials, exercise, education, childcare, collecting prescriptions, medical appointments, essential work, and attending a place of worship.
- Everyone who can work effectively from home should do so.
- You can exercise (unlimited) or meet in a public outdoor place with people you live with, your support bubble (or as part of a childcare bubble), or with one other person at a safe social distance.
- – it is not permitted (other than for legally permitted reasons) to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Shops selling non-essential goods and market stalls not selling food must close.
- but can serve takeaways, click and collect and delivery orders.
- , as should tattoo, massage and spa venues.
- Clinically extremely vulnerable people are advised to stay at home as much as possible, except to go outdoors for exercise or to attend health appointments. If they cannot work from home, they are advised not to go to work and claim any support where eligible.
On behalf of your branch, we ask you to follow guidelines and support your friends and colleagues that may be struggling if any of you have any concerns please let us know, we are all available to support you!
Merry Christmas & Best wishes
Caroline on behalf of your Branch Committee
Now more than ever is the time to ensure that we hold the correct and up-to-date details for you, particularly your email address. The B...
Tips to reduce workplace stress
With April marking Stress Awareness Month, a new report has found UK businesses are in danger of having their workforces experience burnout...
Gaslighting is a manipulation tactic used to gain power. And it works too well. Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity...