The GDPR is a EU Regulation designed to give you better control over how your personal data is used. While the major targets of the legislation are the big multinationals, like Facebook and the other big companies that sell your data for a profit, the GDPR applies to everyone including UNISON. Therefore, please take a moment to check the preferences you have given us that will let us keep you informed about what’s happening in UNISON both nationally and at branch level. It’s very simple to do this through your “MyUNISON” portal – for details see how to change your contact preferences below. Please check and correct your other personal details at the same time. Please help us to support you.
How to change your contact preferences:
1. Go to the national UNISON website (www.unison.org.uk) and click on “My UNISON in the top strap-line (www.unison.org.uk/my-unison).
2. If this is the first time you have done this, you will need to register, which requires knowing your UNISON membership number. You can get this from your membership card or by ringing UNISONdirect on 08000 857 857.
3. If you have already registered and have an account, you will need to login (you will need your UNISON membership number and the password you created when you first registered.
4. Click on “My Details” and then “View full personal details here”.
5. In the top section titled “About you”, click on “Edit”.
6. Scroll down the page, completing as many details as you feel happy entering until you get towards the bottom, where it asks for Email addresses.
7. Please ensure that there is at least one email address (personal or work) entered and preferably enter both – please indicate which one you would prefer us to use.
8. Please set “UNISON Mail” to “I am happy to receive correspondence from UNISON if appropriate” – if you do not do this, the branch cannot send you the branch newsletter, information about pay increases, etc.
9. If you wish to receive information from UNISON’s partners, you will need to set “Third Party Mail” to “Allow my details to be available for third party mailings”.
10. Please tick the box against “Email” or the branch cannot contact you by email. If you are happy to be contacted by phone and/or text as well, you should tick those boxes as well.
11. Click the “Save button” and then “Log out” in the top strap-line.
This winter, many UNISON members will be worried about paying their gas and electricity bills as prices go up and wages stay the same. And...
This is the new website for news from Oxford City UNISON. Our first post will go up following the next branch committee meeting on Thursday...