The proposal would:
- Create a two-tier workforce with new starters offered inferior pensions;
- Disproportionately affect women and the lower paid;
- Threaten the future sustainability of the whole scheme.
This attack on pension rights is the thin end of the wedge – if these proposals are enacted, the Government won’t stop there. It is vital that we take action.
UNISON has set up a campaign website which explains more about the situation and encourages branches and members to take a range of actions.
Please use the following links:
- Find out more about the issue – and share our film Take action
- Email your MP to defend the LGPS
- The consultation closes on 31 July: make your views heard – download template responses via the resources section
- Are you in the LGPS? Respond to the government consultation